Was born in Moscow. He studied at the school named after 1905 1934 – 1938 and at the Institute of Cinematography in 1939 – 1943. Lived and worked in Moscow. Began to exhibit in 1945. Participant of all-Union exhibitions of 1949 and 1950. Soviet Russia 1960 and many others. He taught at VGIK in 1943.
In 1934-1938 he studied at the Moscow art school of memory of 1905 with N. G. Gorelova,
S. Frolov, K. F. Morozov, in 1939-1943 he was the all-Union State Institute of Cinematography (VGIK) in F. S. Bogorodsky.
A great influence on the formation of the artist as a fine landscape artist had creativity and communication with N. P. Krymov.
In 1944 he joined the Moscow Union of Artists, in 1945 and started exhibition activity. Until 1996 he taught at VGIK.
Painter, which was inherent in the fine perception and understanding of nature. Landscape painter always worked in the complex relationships of colors and tones. His brushwork is recognizable by the distinctive soft, full of sense of air brownish-ochre palette.
Solo exhibitions were held in Moscow. Works are in State Tretyakov Gallery, regional art museums of Russia.