One of the founders of the Transcarpathian school of painting, worked in the genre of portrait and genre painting. Born in the city of Khust, Transcarpathian region now. He studied at the Munich Academy of arts (1898 – 1899) W. Hollosi and L. Letze, and subsequently at the Budapest School of model drawing under Professor Bullough and R. Julien Academy in Paris. In 1901 he went to new York, where he created an enormous composition "Coronation of the virgin Mary", which won the first prize. Back in Ukraine, lived in Uzhgorod, in the future – in Mukachevo. Performed painting churches, particularly of the monastery of plot on the Chernecha mountain, on which he worked for 7 years. In 1928 was appointed a government painter of the Mukachevo eparchy. Works are in the Donetsk regional HMM.