Choose a language
Use Arthive in the language you prefer
Sign up
Create an account
Register to use Arthive functionality to the maximum

Victor
Stepanovich Glazkov

Russia 
1932−1987
Subscribe1

Biography and information

  Edit

Muralist. Member of the Union of artists of the USSR.He died in Moscow on 2 February 1987.



Biography
Painter and painter of monumental and decorative art,Moscow,R. 20,02,1932 there. Studied at MUCHTO (1950-1959) VF, Bardachenko,K. G. Dorokhov,diploma sketch for the painting of the interior of the building soveskogo embassies in Stockholm on the theme "Trade relations of Russia." Participant of exhibitions since 1959 zhivopisnyj Among his works (tempera): "Breakfast", 1959, still-life "Points"(1960),"Birds"(1962),"Three"(1964),"Hammock"(1965),"Transcarpathia"(1966).Participated in the implementation of landscape and decorative painting(tempera):cafe Klyazminskogo boarding house in the Moscow region(1961),cash halls Center.well.d.Bureau of passenger service in Moscow(1965),the facade of the river station in Omsk(1965),the dining room of a bakery № 6 in Moscow(1966), etc. Performed mosaic(ceramics)-"Accordion"(1962),"Portrait of Lenin", etc.
(Source: Bibliographical dictionary"artists of the peoples of the world"volume 3 "Art," Moscow, 1976
Academy of arts of the USSR,Scientific-issledovatelsky Institute of theory and Stora fine arts.)

***
Roslavl.Mass burial place of sovetskih prisoners of war.District ascension cemetery.Now, this memorial to the Fallen in the great Patriotic war, the authors of the Moscow artists V. Glazkov and O. Soloviev, the winners of the third award of Moscow Union of artists (1979). The material from which made the monument, tells us about the mass deaths of Soviet people. Broken dotted line - broken war-torn human lives.
(Source: website of the Smolensk regional public political newspaper "work path" Kirill Stepanov)

***
Only the author's monument in the city of Roslavl of the memorial in memory of the dead prisoners Roslavl concentration camps and prisons - was opened on 25 September 1979 at ascension cemetery. Its authors are sculptor Y. Soloviev and architect V. Glazkov received in 1980, the 3rd prize of artists Association for the creation of this monument.
(Source: website of the Cultural heritage of the land in Smolensk)


Did you like the article? Share it with friends
  Share    Tweet