Choose a language
Use Arthive in the language you prefer
Sign up
Create an account
Register to use Arthive functionality to the maximum

Evgeny
Andreevich Dodonov

Russia 
1905−1974
Subscribe0
3 (16) August 1905
Evgeny Andreevich Dodonov was born in Moscow.

1920-1921
Studied drawing and plastic, visited the art Studio Kharlamov (Arbat), Baklanov and Mashkov.

1922
He entered Moscow University, the faculty of social Sciences.

1923-1925
Expelled from Moscow in Krasnokokshaisk (now Ioshkar-Ola), then in Tashkent, where he worked and continued to study at the art Studio of N. In. Rozanov (pupil Repin). From there he received permission to leave to Penza (1927).

1927-1929
Studied at the Penza pedagogical College of art and at the painting Department under Professor I. S. Goryushkin-Sorokopudov and N. F. Petrov.

1928
Participant of art exhibitions of the Samara branch of the ARCHITECT.

1930-1941
He returned to Moscow. Started working in the theatre of V. E. Meyerhold in the prototyping workshop, where, under his leadership, created the layouts for the play “the Last decisive” by V. Vishnevsky, “the gratitude List” by Y. Olesha, “Bath” Mayakovsky. He worked in the theater-Studio of Y. V. Zavadsky assistant artist A. M. Rodchenko (the play “army in the world” Nikulin, 1932). He has created sketches of scenery and costumes for the play “variety Artists” E. Gerkin (1934) and “the deceiver of Seville” by Tirso de Molina (1934) in the Moscow music hall; 'Six beloved' by A. N. Arbuzov (1935) for the all theatre in Moscow; “the Flood”, Berger (1940) and “the bride” A. N. Ostrovsky (1941) for Belarusian Russian drama theater in Mogilev. He worked as a designer at the film Studio “Mezhrabpomfilm”.

1935
Participated in the exhibition “Moscow artists” in Moscow.

1937
Participated in the First exhibition of watercolor painting in the Pushkin Museum. Of A. S. Pushkin.

1941-1956
He was arrested and was in custody.

1956
After his release, he lived in the city Aleksin Tula region. Worked in the district House of culture, then, was the restorer of wall paintings of the Cathedral in Aleksin, churches in Yasnaya Polyana, the Cathedral in Kaluga. In the same year he was rehabilitated and returned to Moscow.

1957
Participated in all-Union art exhibition.

1959
Entered the Moscow Union of artists.

1956-1974
As a book artist worked with Gospolitizdat, Dithizon and other publishers.

1950s – 1960s
He taught painting in his Studio. Among his students was Vladimir Brainin, Maxim Kantor, Irina Nakhova, Vladimir Salnikov, Katerina Uvarova, Alain Shakhovskaya, Michael Yakhilevich.

1974
He died in Moscow.

1991
First solo exhibition was held in exhibition hall of Moscow Union of artists on Vavilov street.

1996
Solo exhibition at the Museum of Kalinin.
2002
Personal exhibition in the State Tretyakov-tion gallery (corps of engineers).
Powered by Yandex.Translate

    Exhibitions

    All exhibitions of the artist
    Whole feed
    View 3 artworks by the artist