Came in 1898 from the village of Sumy, b. Vladimir province., to Petersburg and enrolled in the messengers and in the evening went to study painting in the school of Society for encouragement of arts.
In 1906 a competition was accepted into the Academy of fine arts, from which he graduated in the workshop of D. N. Kardovsky. He received the title of artist for the painting "the picnic."
Participant of exhibitions of "Independent", "Spring", "the Wanderers", "Community of artists", AHR, etc. and several exhibitions abroad.
Participant of the exhibition of the tenth anniversary of the red army.