(1890, St. Petersburg – 1929, Moscow)
He studied at the Art school of Kazan, in 1911 he entered the St. Petersburg Academy of arts, was a student of D. N. Kardovsky. In 1917 he returned (with his wife S. V. Ranginui) in his hometown, where he organized an art Studio, became one of the founders of the Museum, Chairman of the "Union of artists and painters." His most famous painting "the Smiths" (1925), "Basmachi" (1928), "Arrest of Pugachev" (1929). After moving to Moscow (1922) took the leading position in AHRR. Buried in the Novodevichy cemetery.