Born in Pinsk, Minsk province, now Belarus. The son of a Rabbi of the synagogue in Odessa. He graduated from OHS, studied for some time in Moscow. In 1925 he emigrated to Palestine, and eventually moved to Jerusalem in 1929 and lived in tel Aviv. He painted landscapes of Israel and still lifes, in which local color combined with the technique of the Paris school and Russian lyricism. One of the founders of the Association of painters and sculptors in tel Aviv. In 1931 he was Advisor to the mayor M. Dizengoff on the establishment of the city Museum of tel Aviv. In 1948 he published a book with reproductions of his own paintings and drawings dedicated to the Jewish poet H. N. Bialik. Executed a series of portraits of famous Israeli leaders. Was three times awarded the M. Dizengoff.