Biography and informationEdit
Was born in Kiev. He graduated from the Kiev art school. About 1913 he went to Paris, where he studied sculpture in private workshops. In 1915 he returned to Kyiv and began to paint. In 1920 he exhibited works at the first Jewish art exhibition in the hall of the Kultur-lige in Kiev. In the same year emigrated to France, became a citizen. Was friends with M. Kikoin, P. Flint, O. Zadkine and other artists of Montparnasse. In 1923 he participated in the group exhibition "Blow", this time permanently exhibited at the Paris salons. After the SECOND World war has achieved recognition and commercial success. Held several solo exhibitions, particularly in the gallery "Kaganovich" in Paris (1958) and in the galleries "Carstairs" (1950) and "Maison Francaise" (1963) in new York. He mainly painted landscapes of Paris, South of France, Corsica, figures of musicians and clowns, as well as abstract compositions.