Was born in Kiev. From 1907 to 1918 he studied in Moscow, at the Stroganov school of V. E. Egorov, A. V. Shchusev. In the same period, was actively engaged in scenography, designed the performances in the theatres of Moscow, Petersburg, Minsk and other cities. From 1919 to 1922 continued her studies in the Studio of L. M. Rodchenko (this is the fascination with constructivism), and later in the Studio of Kardovsky in Moscow (1925 — 1926). Since 1916, regularly participated in art exhibitions. Member of the Association "Genesis" (1929). In 1922 and 1927 he designed the square and the streets of Moscow to the events, exhibitions and VSHV (1939). During the war was in evacuation in Tashkent, where he worked as a theatre designer, and wrote the Central Asian landscapes. In the last period of his life he preferred easel art landscapes and still lifes. Died in Palanga.