A portraitist and history painter, studied first at the Vienna Academy of fine arts, under the direction of Mauer and Fugere, and then at his father. Came with him to St. Petersburg and lived here for 13 years, engaged in the execution of portraits of dignitaries.
In 1795, it was voted honorary free member of the Imperial Academy of arts, and in 1797, with the portrait of the Professor of painting school (located in the Museum of the Academy), elevated to the rank of academician.
Written in the manner of the father, but inferior to him in the power of colors and virtuosity of the brush. Women's portraits he was better than man's.