Painter. Portraitist, landscape painter, genre painter. A bright representative of art Nouveau. In 1904 he graduated from the Odessa art College of K. K. Kostandi, then studied with E. V. Mayakovsky, F. A. Rubo at the St. Petersburg. Lived and worked in Petersburg-Leningrad. Participant of exhibitions since 1911, the Exhibitor of the Academy of arts, Association of artists. In 1910 performed a series of sculptural sketches. In 1936 he wrote a series of paintings devoted to Pushkin. Works are kept in the Central Museum of literature, Saint-Petersburg and other museums and private collections.