Arrived in N. Novgorod in 1846, after the construction of chilima of the main Department of Railways. The first major work of city architect Pastikova was the design of tenement houses of the merchant V. Michurina (N.-Volzhskaya Naberezhnaya, 1) and his wife Avdotya (Mayakovsky St., 49). Participates in the completion of the buildings of the Mariinsky women's Institute. In 1847 Fostikov designs apartment house of Prince Yusupov (street Sverdlova, 19), but in the process of building its exterior and architectural-artistic solution was changed. Then he assigns the income to the house of the clergy of the St. Nicholas Church verhnetoemsky two-storey stone house (Sverdlova str., 9a). In 1852 Fostikov redesigned the New square and erected on it a building of the same company (now higher school of militia). In 1856, he was already the provincial architect. In 1856 - 1857 years Fostikov performs the filling of the N.-Okskaya embankment, vymeshivaem its cobblestone provides engineering protection of the slopes of the Kremlin hill under the Governor's house. In 1864 he moved to Stavropol.