Choose a language
Use Arthive in the language you prefer
Sign up
Create an account
Register to use Arthive functionality to the maximum

Stepan
Samoilovich Krichinsky

Russia 
1894−1923
Subscribe0

Architect S. S. Krichinsky was born 20 Jan 1894 in estate Cuschevici Oshmiany of Vilnius province in the family of major-General of Zamoly Krichinsky. His father died from wounds received in battle. Mother Susanna librarian, nee tol'sko, got married a second time for the Colonel of the genus Krichinsky. S. S. Krichinsky completed a course of training in a Real school in Vilnius and attended the Institute of civil engineers in 1899, worked in the Office nakladnyh fees, and later in the Management of the border guard as a chief architect.

In August 1923, at the Volkov cemetery, near the grave of writer G. I. Uspensky was buried the architect Krichinsky Stepan Samoylovich. He died on August 9 after heavy bolesti (diabetes, previously incurable) apartment No. 4 house No. 44-B at Kamennoostrovsky Prospekt in Petrograd. This house was designed in 1913. This is a residential house with well executed elements of the facade, has a large loggia above the Central arch. On the fifth floor in the left wing was the apartment number 4 where he lived with S. S. Krichinsky and his wife Mary G., daughter of writer G. I. Uspensky and two sons: Gerald (1904 p.) and Boris (R. 1905) and daughter Irina.

Recent years before his death, S. S. Krichinsky head of the Architectural-construction Department of the provincial Department of municipal economy in St. Petersburg. At the same time Professor S. S. Krichinsky has been teaching at the architectural Department of the Institute of civil engineers. Working in 1920-1921 In the technical Department of the people's Commissariat of foreign Affairs, he undertook the restoration of the buildings of the German and Swedish embassies, and created a plan for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of a Buddhist temple.

By the time of these works Krichinsky was a very famous architect in St. Petersburg. On the corner of Poltava and Mirgorod of the streets were designed the Church of the Fyodorovskaya icon of Mother of God in commemoration of the tercentenary of the Romanov dynasty. It was built in the style of Rostov churches of the XVII century. The Church was placed a box, it had three asps. Interior trim and painting was done in the Novgorod style. The walls are faced with light gray stone. Among the artists who worked on the finish of the stone facades, was Vaulin. The tree of the Romanovs, placed on the facades of the Church, performed the drawings Chekhonin. It was supposed to create the square near the Church and set it on the monument to Alexander Nevsky. However, because the Church building has many reinforced durable constructions, it housed a dairy plant. Now, after stopping the processing of milk, the building was fixed a few capitalist organizations that are not going to leave the Church building.

In 1906, in the Shuvalovsky Park in Pargolovo for a decanter Vorontsova-Dashkova was built equestrian yard of bricks, decorated with wild stone by architect Krichinsky. Later there was built the Palace, reminiscent of the Pavlovsk Palace. It is a neoclassical building with columns and a hipped slab of reinforced concrete has been used since 1925 as a holiday home for workers in the food industry. By 1917 the S. S. Krichinsky was known as an architect working in the neoclassical style, in the style of "modern", in the new Russian style.

In "modern" style they built the building in Gatchina on Chekhov street, 4-a. This is the home of the artist serbova. One room in this building is used for performances of musical works.

In Sebrenica Chudovsky district, Novgorod province was built the Choir houses (pictured) for peasants with money Shalyapin, Korolenko and others.

The building was reconstructed after the removal of chimneys and vents in 1999. The only person in Chudovo, who in 1999 went to AOZT "Loudspeaker-Kommunar" and said that this building can not break, was the Director of the school of arts I. V. Prokofiev. Now the Windows of the building of the house Choral brick, two-thirds of the roof aligned.

In 1910, the wife of state Councilor was bought a plot of land at the intersection of Nevskiy Avenue and the Corner of the alley on the Petrograd side for the construction of the mosque. The authors of the project was the architect A. Gogen, N. Vasiliev and S. Krichinsky. The decoration of the mosque was first used granite.

S. Krichinsky traveled to Bukhara and Samarkand, where he studied the design of mosques and mausoleums before designing the mosque in St. Petersburg. Now the mosque is valid. In the historical Museum in the town of Pushkin may be stored a list of the blueprints for the mosque, made Kachinskim, at least in the form of copies, as the granddaughter of the architect, E. B. Krichinsky, passed them back.

On the street red Cadets, 34 is a house built in 1915 with the internal Church. This building was designed by S. S. Krichinsky in "modern" style. For this Church, inside the house, and for the design of the Church of Palestinian society in December 1916, S. S. Krichinsky prepare the documents for awarding him the title of Imperial architect. By 1909, was built two-storey body of the building, which houses the Institute of experimental veterinary medicine. This building at the gates of Moscow was designed by S. S. Krichinsky.

About thirty projects are buildings made of S. S. Krichinsky, awarded various prizes.

In 1918-1920 S. Krichinsky lived in Krasnodar, St. Petersburg, and then in Gelendzhik. He has taught architecture at the Kuban Polytechnic Institute and was Dean of the faculty of architecture. He also completed the projects of buildings of the Polytechnic institutes in Irkutsk and Krasnodar, as well as the mosque in Vilnius, the number of theaters and hospitals. The memory of the architect-worker will live on among his descendants.

(Chudovsky information portal, P. Novikov)

Powered by Yandex.Translate

Exhibitions

All exhibitions of the artist
Whole feed
View 0 artworks by the artist