Choose a language
Use Arthive in the language you prefer
Sign up
Create an account
Register to use Arthive functionality to the maximum

Robert
Andreevich Gedike

Russia 
1829−1910
Subscribe0

(1829-2-9 - 1910-2-19)

A Prussian subject; adopted in 1862 Russian citizenship. An auditor student at the Academy of fine arts. Received a medal in 1850 – 2 серебря6ную; in 1852 – 1 silver: in the same year – the title of artist XIV class. In 1856, the title of academician for pictures made abroad, where he had gone to his account. In 1864 the rank of Professor for the "theater project"; in 1865, determined of the supernumerary adjunct Professor at the architecture school; in 1871 appointed a tenured Professor of the 2nd degree; in 1883 Professor of 1 degree. In 1892 he was appointed rector of architecture. From 1896 – honorary member of the Imperial Academy of arts. Was also an honorary member of the Imperial Society of architects, Society of architects-artists and the Moscow School of painting, sculpture and architecture. He was Chairman and chief architect of building inspection of the Main Directorate of the Department of institutions of Empress Maria and a member of the building Committee of St. Isaac's Cathedral. Its main buildings: the Clinical Institute of Grand Duchess Elena Pavlovna in St. Petersburg, children's hospital of St. Vladimir in Moscow.

(Kondakov)

also: Goedicke

Upon completion of the course at the German school of St. Peter was received in 1846, a student of the Imperial Academy of fine Arts, where his closest mentor was Professor A. P. Bryullov . Having completed the course in 1852, shortly afterwards Peltier went, at his own expense, to travel abroad; studied the monuments of architecture in Germany, England, France and Italy and, on his return to Petersburg, were the drawings and paintings in 1856 awarded the title of academician. In 1864, the theater project for 2000 spectators (now kept in the architectural Museum of the Academy), received the title of Professor, and the following year joined the number of teachers of the Academy; in 1892 he occupied the post of rector of the architectural Department of the Academy. Peltier participated in the construction of Professor G. E. Bosse palaces in Znamenka, near Peterhof, (1852 - 53), Mikhailovka, near Strelna (1856 - 59), served as architect member and President of various building committees; so, from 1867 to the present time is a member of the technical-artistic Committee for the inspection of St. Isaac's Cathedral in St. Petersburg, and from 1885 to 1891 he participated, as a member of the Commission for the construction of short-term prison on the Vyborg side in St. Petersburg. Practical architectural activities Goedicke expressed in a variety of manufactured structures, of which the most important are: Elisabeth children's hospital, the midwifery Institute, Catherine's shelter on Vasilievsky island, the infirmary at the Mariinsky women's Institute, the Central school of technical drawing of Baron Stieglitz (the building was built Goedicke, together with Professor A. I. Krakau ), the clinical Institute of Grand Duchess Elena Pavlovna , the Board of Emperor Alexander II for the students of the University, Slavic brewery (on the Vyborg side), costabissara and leewanna factory (Frisky on the Big island), paper factory G. Polisena (in the leather line Vasilevsky island), several new factory buildings of the Association of Russian-American rubber manufactory, home of Prince Paskevich , the count A. V. Orlov-Davydov, V. L. Naryshkin and some others in St. Petersburg, a children's shelter ""Nursery"" and the infirmary of the Grand Duchess Catherine Mikhailovna , in Oranienbaum, children's hospital of St. Vladimir in Moscow and some others. A..

Powered by Yandex.Translate

Exhibitions

All exhibitions of the artist
Whole feed
View 0 artworks by the artist