Was born in Moscow.
1911−1918 Studying at the Stroganov Central school of industrial art.
1918−1924 Studies at Svomas-VKhUTEMAS, in the Department of decorative arts.
1919−1924 Member IBMOHU.
In the early 1920s he worked in "Windows of GROWTH", performed political posters.
1920−1941 Constantly working at the movie posters on the orders of organizations Sovkino, Mezhrabpom-Rus, Roskinoprokat Georgia. Sometimes in collaboration with A. Naumov, and P. Zhukov, G. Borisov. Prepares exhibitions, makes monumental paintings; the artist-Director in the theaters of Moscow — Bolshoi theatre, Maly theatre, the Theatre of the Revolution, the Moscow art Theater, the Theater. The Moscow city Council.
1929−1930 member of the OST.
1945−1951 participates in the design of the Soviet exhibitions in Helsinki, Poznan, Zagreb, Budapest, Bucharest.
From 1944 he Teaches at the Moscow Institute of applied and decorative arts in the Department of art glass. Studied painting.