From 1888 to 1905 - the teacher of porcelain painting at the school of the arts encouragement Society. Participant of the exhibitions AH, the St. Petersburg society of artists, the Society of Russian watercolorists, etc.
He studied at the Revel classical gymnasium. Then - in St. Petersburg Academy of arts (1879 - 1883). In 1879 he was awarded a small incentive medal for historical composition, and in 1880 received small and large silver medal for landscape painting in 1883 - a small silver medal for drawing. After 1883 he engaged in decorative painting, painted temples and palaces of the ceiling. From 1886 to 1888 he lived and worked in Italy, where he created many decorative landscapes in the academic tradition. From 1888 he taught painting on porcelain in the Drawing school TNX.