Pupil of the Moscow school of painting and sculpture; an auditor student at the Academy of Arts from 1857 to 1863 at the Academy were engaged in the class of genre painting and a landscape that he mastered under the guidance of M. N. Vorobyov and A. Bogolyubov. In 1857, the title of teacher of drawing in city schools. Received medals: in 1859 - 2 silver; in 1862 - 1 silver. In 1863 the title of class artist of 2nd degree for the painting "the Station of mineral waters in Soligalich", "Group oaks", "Water mill" and "the Hunter, overtaken by a storm." (Kondakov)
In subsequent years, in addition to painting the artist was engaged in teaching and social work. Lived in 1866 on the grounds of the don Cossacks and did a lot to clean up the archaeological and historical sites of the don region, Terek and Kuban regions. For the Academy of fine arts, he completed numerous drawings of wooden churches on the don land. Apparently, the last time he participated in the academic exhibition in 1879, when he exhibited two landscapes: "After the rain" and "Old bridge".