Born in 1951 in Ochamchire, Abkhazia. From 1968 to 1974 he studied at the Art school Sukhumi. 1973-1979 attended the "Home Academy" Varvara Bubnova in Sukhumi. Exhibited since 1979. In 1981, admitted to the Union of artists of the USSR. From 1981 to 1989 took part in more than 60 exhibitions of the Union of artists in Sukhumi, Tbilisi, Moscow, Tashkent and Berlin. In 1989 he moved to Saint Petersburg. Member of the international Federation of artists of UNESCO since 1993. Lives and works in Saint-Petersburg.