Choose a language
Use Arthive in the language you prefer
Sign up
Create an account
Register to use Arthive functionality to the maximum

Alexey
Alekseevich Barkov

Belarus 
born in 1912
Subscribe0

For a long time the artist and his family lived in a small old mansion in Bread lane, then moved to a house situated in Borisoglebskiy pereulok, next to the mansion of Marina Tsvetaeva... to Do he started early in his childhood trying to earn a living by selling his drawings. The talented teenager noticed Pyotr Konchalovsky, who liked the work of a novice painter. Thus began the fellowship and friendship of Alex with a famous artist , who became his first teacher.

Then there was the years of study at the Moscow Institute of applied and decorative arts. Barkov has continued to perfect his skills under the guidance of Professor of painting, a teacher of the Art Institute A. M. Soloviev.

During the war, Alexei Alekseevich combined my studies with work as artist-camoufleur : decorated Red square, the Bolshoi theater and other strategically important objects of the capital. In 50-60 years, he worked in Mosgortrio, carried out the orders of Moscow Union of artists, was the author of monumental sculptural compositions: participated in the design of the Manezh square, the creation of the sculpture "worker and collective farm girl" at ENEA. Restored icons of the Church of St. John the Baptist in the village of Afineevo Naro-Fominsk district, which was subsequently buried by the artist himself and his wife Nadezhda Nikitichna (1911 – 1993).

During the life of the artist, his paintings were exhibited at the first postwar art exhibition in Vladivostok in 1946.

(From the article Ludmilla Istratova "Poetic palette")

In his early youth, fate has given a young artist meeting with p. P. Konchalovsky, which became his first teacher. From 1939-1944 G. A. Barkov studied at the Moscow Institute of Applied and Decorative arts.During the war, as a student, worked as an artist-camoufleur.In the postwar years A. Barkov were: Professor A. M. Solov'eva - teacher mshsh.

The artist's works were exhibited at the first postwar Art exhibition in Vladivostok in 1946, This unforgettable page of Russian history. All paintings presented in this exhibition, included in the Golden Fund of Russian painting. Here, along with venerable artists such as: S. Gerasimov, P. Konchalovsky, B. Yakovlev, M. Saryan, K. Yuon, were exhibited and more young artists just graduated from art school. Teachers and students are represented at the exhibition together, including A. A. Barkov.

In 50-60-ies worked in Mosgortrio, freelanced for the MOSH. The main direction of creativity of A. A. Barkov – landscape, native suburbs of Moscow. His landscapes reflect the subtle world of feelings. Here you can observe all shades of the state of the human soul in a harmonious fusion with mother nature, they are made in the best traditions of Russian ("Moscow" school) of painting, but at the same time, shows the originality of the creative manner of the artist, where there is no repetition.

Interesting self-portraits, a kind of psychological studies. The artist painted his face, trying to convey through painting, how it influences the appearance of a man. In still lifes reveals spiritual facets of A. A. Barkova. Both in General composition and in the strength and color of paint, there is temperament. If the landscape reveals a world of subtle lyric poet, life manifested expression of his extraordinary nature.

Powered by Yandex.Translate

    Exhibitions

    All exhibitions of the artist
    Whole feed
    View 0 artworks by the artist