Description of the artwork «Mosaic. "Chapel in the name of the Holy Blessed Prince Alexander Nevsky in Kolomyagi"»
Mosaic for the Chapel in the name of the Holy Blessed Prince Alexander Nevsky in Kolomyagi. St. Petersburg. The chapel in the name of the Holy Right Prince Alexander Nevsky in Kolomyagi is an active Orthodox chapel in the Primorsky district of St. Petersburg. The restored monument of architecture of the late XIX century.
It was built by the inhabitants of the district in 1885 in the hope of getting rid of the cholera epidemic. The architectural style is Russian. The author of the project is architect F.F. von Pirwitz.
In the Soviet period, the building was launched. It was restored in 1989 on the initiative of parishioners of the region and with the blessing of Metropolitan Anthony of St. Petersburg and Ladoga. Address: 194214, St. Petersburg, Kolomyagi, 1st Nikitskaya St., 14