Description of the artwork «Kazan Cathedral in Feodosia.»
In 1907, the construction of a stone cathedral in the name of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God began on the site of a wooden church. The construction was carried out under the direction of the architect G.L. Keil from Feodosia. Kazan Cathedral is built in the traditions of the Russian-Byzantine style and was consecrated in 1911 with the participation of the bishop of Tauride and Simferopol Theophanes.