Uga
Ekabovich Skulme

Russia • 1885−1963

He studied at the Studio Yu Madernieka (1913). He studied at the Law faculty of St. Petersburg University (1913 – 14) and parallelno in the school of the Royal encouragement of art, in the departments of Architecture (1914 – 16) and Painting (the Studio of Kuzma Petrov – Vodkin, 1918) at the St. Petersburg Academy of arts.

In the city of Serdobsk in the Saratov province U. Skulme worked as a teacher in art school, then head of the district art Department, helping to create a local art Museum (1918 – 20).

In 1920 he returned to Latvia. In 1921 he became a member of the Riga group of artists. In 1945 he was a member of the Union of artists.

In 1923 – 27 years William Skulme managed his free art Studio.

In exhibitions the artist has participated since 1914.

Memorable exhibitions are organized in Riga (1967, 1970, 1995), Jekabpils (1967, 1976, 1981 – 86, 1987), Bauska (1967), Laudone (1968), Ventspils, Kuldiga, Saldus (1971), Madona (1971, 1996), Koknese, Limbazi (1976), Dale are (1986), Tukums (1986 – 87, 1996), Smiltene (1987).

In 1922 and 1930 he received a scholarship of Fund of Culture.

In 1941 U. Skulme worked as a teacher at the Latvian State art Academy (1945 – 50 years was head of the Department of Drawing, since 1947 – Professor).

He worked for publications encyclopedic, translated.

In 1945, the artist worked as a librarian, Art Museum of the Latvian SSR and the head of the Cabinet graphics.

Go to biography

Veröffentlichungen

View all publications

Ausstellungen

Alle Ausstellungen des Künstlers
View all artist's artworks
Vollständiger Feed