The "Spiritual Flower Garden" project presents images of the Theotokos, Christ, saints, a staurotek icon (with a built-in copper cross), copper-cast folds of iconography traditional for the Old Believers. The Old Believers attributed the highest godliness to icons made of metal, as created from material purified by fire. The exposition provides an opportunity to get to know more about icon painting and Christianity, to understand the invaluable role of the Old Believers in preserving both ancient Russian art and the national cultural heritage in general.
In 2020, at the state level, the 400th anniversary of the birth of Archpriest Avvakum Petrov, the most prominent religious figure in Russian history of the New Time, who until his tragic death was faithful to his ideals, is celebrated. For a long time, the works of Avvakum were known only to his followers, but in the 20th century "The Life of Archpriest Avvakum" and his other works became available to a wide range of readers. The legacy of the rebellious archpriest was brought to Primorsky Krai by settlers. In the winter of 1897-98. the old believer Afanasy Ponosov from the Suchansky Valley founded the Novo-Sionsky farm in the Valentin Bay. Icons, salaries and copper-cast plastic that belonged to Ponosov and other Old Believers were collected in 1931 by the Vladivostok Regional Bureau; then they were kept in the Museum of Local Lore, and in 1966 they were transferred to the Primorsky State Art Gallery.