The Museum of Fine Arts is one of the many museums in the French city of Carcassonne, located in the south of the country in the Languedoc-Roussillon region.
The museum specializes in the fine arts of French, Italian, Spanish, Austrian, Dutch and Flemish artists from the 16th century onwards. Among the famous masters, Jan Brueghel the Elder, Dirk Hals, Salvator Rosa, José de Ribera and Camille Corot stand out. Contemporary art is represented by works on display at temporary exhibitions. Also among the exhibits is the famous Delft porcelain.
Interestingly, in 2011, a telescope that belonged to Napoleon himself was discovered in the museum's storerooms. She was with the famous emperor when he escaped the island of Elba in 1815.