The National Museum of the Udmurt Republic named after Kuzeby Gerd is a state research, cultural and educational institution, a methodological center of the museum network of the region.
The museum is located in the building of the former Arsenal of the Izhevsk arms factory (a monument of industrial architecture of the 1st quarter of the 19th century, architect S.E. Dudin, high classicism style).
It was opened by the Executive Committee of the Izhevsk City Council as the Izhevsk Museum of the Local Territory in November 1920. Founder - Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Udmurt Republic.
Museum attendance is more than 200,000 people a year. The size of the fund is more than 200,000 items.