Brief biographical note
Yelizaveta Gladkova is an artist-restorer at the Russian Museum (Department of Restoration of Old Russian Paintings). Art historian.
In 1997 she graduated from the Russian Gymnasium at the State Russian Museum and the Children's Art School No. 2 of the Central District of St. Petersburg.
In 2000, she graduated from the restoration department of the N.K. Roerich St. Petersburg Art School, specializing as an artist-restorer
In 2000 she joined the sector of restoration of Old Russian paintings of the Restoration Department of the Russian Museum as an artist-restorer.
In 2002 she entered St. Petersburg Academic Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture named after I.E. Repin of the Russian Academy of Arts at the Faculty of Theory and History of Art (part-time department, which she graduated with honors in 2008 with a specialty "art historian".
In 2008, she completed a complex restoration of an icon created in 1815, "Three Ecumenical Saints" (DRJ B-1288).
In 2013, she completed the full disclosure of the author's painting on the icon of the first third of the XIX century "Canon on the Exodus of the Soul" (DRJ B-132).
In 2013, she underwent an internship within the framework of the exchange program "Russian Museum - Metropolitan Museum of Art (USA)", where she got acquainted with modern methods of researching works of painting and the use of synthetic materials in the North American school of restoration.
In 2015, by the Order of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation, based on the decision of the new State Attestation Commission, the category of artist-restorer of Old Russian painting was awarded.
Since 2008 - up to the present time he has participated in the project of restoration of a number of unique icons of the Tikhvin school of the XVI-XVII centuries from the collection of the Russian Museum.
Since 2017, he has been performing a complex restoration of the icon of the second half of the XVII century "Introduction to the Temple" (B-42) from the Holy Trinity Alexander Svirsky Monastery. XVII century icon "Introduction to the Temple" (B-42), originating from the Holy Trinity Alexander Svirsky Monastery.