Russian Soviet graphic artist, a fine artist charcoal and sanguine. Painter. Teacher.
Being an employee of the art-engraving Department of the Petrograd paper mill of Goznak, attended school of the arts encouragement Society.
On leaving school in 1917 – 1922 he studied at the Academy of fine arts.
In 1922 – 1927 was a member of the "Community of artists", was one of the founding members of the Leningrad branch AHRR – AChRs (1924).
From 1929 he taught at the Institute, since 1932 – in VKhUTEMAS.