Biography and informationEdit
Born in the village of Bratyshiv, Ivano-Frankivsk oblast. Initial art education has received in the Stanislav industrial school (1925), Lviv school of decorative art (1926), in the workshops of A. Carpet Carver and sculptor S. Lytvynenko. Thanks to the support of Metropolitan A. Sheptytsky entered the Cracow Academy of arts (1928 – 1936). In Krakow conducted an active exhibition activity, was a member of a group of young Ukrainian artists "Glow". In 1937, assisted by the writer B. the writer arrived in Berlin OH. Studied with professors A. Focke, F. Blacka, A. Krantz and A. Brecker. From 1945 he lived permanently in Munich, where he taught at the Academy. Personal exhibitions took place in Munich (1952, 1964), Paris, London and Edinburgh (1954), Bonn (1955), Rome (1957), new York and Philadelphia (1961), Vienna (1962), Berlin (1963), Toronto (1964) and others Received recognition in Europe and the United States. The wizard has acquired national Museum in Paris, British Museum in London, HMM Dubrovnik's East German Museum in Regensburg. Awarded the medal for the sculpture of Pope Paul VI (Vatican city, 1964). Most of the works of the sculptor dedicated to the life of the villagers Pokuttya. Represented in numerous Museum collections in Europe, USA and Canada.