[7(19).11. 1885, Pogorelov village in Tver province - 7.7.1964, Leningrad], the Soviet theatrical painter and graphic artist, people's artist of the RSFSR (1961).
He studied at St. Petersburg College Stieglitz (1900-07) at V. E. Savinsky. Influenced by "World of art".The scenery and costumes created by Bobyshev, distinguished by a fine sense of period style, a decorative graphic quality of the overall solution. He taught at the Leningrad Academy of arts (1926, Professor from 1939), at the Moscow art Institute (1943-47). He has designed productions: "the Golden Cockerel" by Rimsky-Korsakov at the Maly Petrograd academic theater (1923), "Rigoletto" by Verdi in the Opera theatre. Stanislavsky in Moscow (1939), "the bronze horseman" Glier at the Leningrad theatre of Opera and ballet. S. M. Kirov and the Bolshoi theater in Moscow (1949), etc.
(1885, d. Burnt Ostashkovsky uyezd – 1964)
Russian Soviet artist, theatre painter and graphic artist. People's artist of the RSFSR (1961).
Studied in Ostashkov city school. On the recommendation and with the support of the Repin entered the Central school of technical drawing harrow Stieglitz in St. Petersburg
(in the 1900s). After graduation Stieglitz for three years, leaving as a missionary to Europe (Paris, London, Italy, Spain, Tangier).
Debut in theatre came under the influence of artists "World of art" with which creativity Bobyshov met during the Russian theatre season in Paris. This influence was replaced by the search of form, fascination with constructivism. Decorated
sketches bobyshov operetta M. Krauss "Clown" (the State academic Maly Opera theatre, 1927) was subjected to severe criticism in connection with the established
in the same year a meeting of the Central Committee of the CPSU(b) on theatre in Agitprop.
"Final return" on the path of realistic art brought Bobyshov extraordinary success and recognition from the authorities. Triumph of the artist was the design of R. Gliere's ballet "the bronze horseman" at the Bolshoi theater of the USSR (1949), and later in the Opera
and ballet. S. M. Kirov.
He taught at the Leningrad Academy of Arts (since 1926, since 1939 – Professor),
at the Moscow art Institute (1943 – 1947).
1. Borovsky, A. D. At the hour of courage. Art by Leningrad artists during the siege. Directory // Museum. Vol.8. Moscow. 1987. C. 5 – 58
2. Lovyagin V. A., et al. Blockade diary. Paintings and drawings besieged time. Saint-Petersburg. 2005. P. 28
3. Owes HP Artists of the scene. The legacy of the St. Petersburg state academic Opera and ballet theatre im. M. P. Mussorgsky. Saint-Petersburg. LIK. 2004
4. Bibikova, I. M., Levchenko N. And. (ed. the drafters). Soviet decorative art. Materials and documents. 1917 – 1932. Agitation and mass art. The decoration festivities. Moscow. Art. 1984
5. Sudakova N. F. (author-compiler). Kalininskaya regional art gallery. Album. Leningrad. Aurora. 1974
6. Soloviev V. D. (the author). Russian artists XVIII – XX centuries. Reference. Dnepropetrovsk. Thresholds. 1996