Doing portrait, landscape, still-life, a connoisseur of prints. Professor of St. Petersburg Academy of arts. Elementary art education in the Studio Schrader in Kharkiv (1895 - 1904). In 1913 he entered the New art Studio in St. Petersburg, where he studied with B. M. Kustodiev, A. P. Ostroumova-Lebedeva, E. E. Lansere, and M. V. Dobuzhinsky. Member of associations "World of art" from 1915 and "Four arts". He taught at the Academy. People's artist of the RSFSR (1962), laureate of the State prize of the USSR (1946). Created a gallery of portraits of distinguished artists, writers, actors, scientists of his time.
(1886, the city of Proskurov (now Khmelnitsky, Ukraine) – 1962, Leningrad)
Russian Soviet artist-Illustrator, graphic. Member of the Academy of arts of the USSR. Winner of the Stalin prize, USSR, 1946. People's artist of the RSFSR (1962).
While studying at the law faculty of Kharkiv, then the Petersburg University, worked in the Studio EE Schrader (Kharkov,1901 – 1905) and in New art Studio (St. Petersburg,1913 – 1916), M. V. Dobuzhinsky, A. P. Ostroumova-Lebedeva,
B. M. Kustodiev, E. E. Lansere. He was a member of the Association "World of art", participated
in exhibitions since 1904.
Worked primarily in the genre of lithographic portraits, creating a portrait gallery of contemporaries-representatives of creative and scientific intelligentsia:
A. N. Benoit, S. S. Prokofiev, K. A. Fedin, I. A. Orbeli, V. I. Cordova, E. Lansere,
E. A. Mravinsky, G. S. Ulanova, St Konenkov and others, Performing official orders, remained master of the "quiet art" which had no ideological pathos of time
but the inner spiritual state of their models.
For twelve years he was Keeper of the Department of engravings at the Hermitage. Fruitfully worked in the sphere of lyrical landscape. Was one of the founders of the Experimental lithographic workshop of the Leningrad Union of artists (1937 – 1940).
Personal exhibition of G. S. Vereisky was held in 1924, 1939, 1946, 1949, 1961, 1962, 1968 .
Works of the artist are in the Tretyakov gallery, the Russian Museum, the Museum of the Academy of Arts, in many other museums.
1. Bogino L. K. George Verey. Watercolors, drawings. Album. Moscow. 1973
2. Graphics Petersburg 1910 – 1930s, from the collection of the Vologda regional art gallery. Catalogue of the exhibition. Moscow. 2003
3. Sarabianov, D. V. et al. (the authors of the TSA. articles). Russian theater and decorative art 1880 – 1930. Catalogue of the exhibition from the collection of Nikita and Nina Lobanov-Rostovsky. Moscow. 1988
4. Titova, L. O. (author). Artists circle "World of art". Catalogue of the exhibition from private collections of St. Petersburg. Saint-Petersburg. 1997
5. Walsenburg, O. E. etc. bio-bibliographic dictionary. Vol. 2. Saint-Petersburg. 2002. P. 236
6. Kozyrev N. (by the TSA. article). The path to victory. Directory. Saint-Petersburg. 2005
7. Chegodaev A. D. the Pages of history of Soviet art and Soviet graphics. Moscow. 1984
8. Nurok, A. Yu., masters of Soviet easel graphic art. Moscow. 1962
9. Kovtun, E. F. (author VST. article). Soviet art 20 – 30-ies. Directory. Leningrad. 1988
10. B. V. Veimarn, etc. the History of art of the peoples of the USSR. Vol. 8. Moscow. 1977
11. B. V. Veimarn, etc. the History of art of the peoples of the USSR. Vol. 7. Moscow. 1972
12. Borovsky, A. D. and others Unknown pre-war Leningrad: painting and drawing. Catalogue of the exhibition. Moscow. 2004
13. Boult, E. J., Lobanov-Rostovsky N. D. The artists of the Russian theater 1880 – 1930.
Catalog-reason. Moscow. Art. 1994
14. Shmarinov D. (author VST. article). Exhibition of prints, Moscow and Beijing artists "Moscow – Beijing". Directory. Moscow. Soviet artist. 1958
15. Romanov N. (by the TSA. article). Engraving of the USSR for 10 years. The Pushkin Museum. Catalogue of the exhibition. Moscow. 1927
16. Catalogue of the exhibition of contemporary graphics. GM Armenia. Erivan. 1929
17. Shvedov, V. M. (compiler). Book and easel graphics of Leningrad artists. Directory. Leningrad. XLP. 1955
18. Popova N. And. Kozyrev N. M. (authors and compilers). Drawings of Soviet artists. Catalogue of the exhibition. Leningrad. Timing. 1976
19. Izlozba. On svremennata art graphics unto the USSR. Sofia. 1936
20. Kozyrev N. (by the TSA. article). Drawing and watercolours in Russia. Of the twentieth century. Timing. Saint-Petersburg. 2008
21. Soloviev V. D. (the author). Russian artists XVIII – XX centuries. Reference. Dnepropetrovsk. Thresholds. 1996
22. Catalog for a traveling exhibition of Soviet artists. Painting, graphics, sculpture. Ashkhabad, Stalinabad, Samarkand, Tashkent, Frunze, Alma-ATA. Soviet artist. 1952