Choose a language
Use Arthive in the language you prefer
Sign up
Create an account
Register to use Arthive functionality to the maximum

Engel
Harievich Nasibulin

Subscribe0
The artist spent a lot of time in the village of Petrovskoye, where he built a house with windows overlooking Lake Kuchane and the poet's house in Mikhailovskoye. He died on June 3, 2020 in St. Petersburg. The ashes of Engel Nasibulin were buried in the chapel of St. Nicholas in Petrovsky that he built. After the artist's death, exhibitions in memory of him were held in Pushkin's museums in Mikhailovsky and Boldino. In 2006, Engel Nasibulin erected a house chapel on his estate in Petrovsky. On May 1, 2006, the chapel was consecrated by Father Georgy Mitsov, rector of the church in Terebeni, in honor of St. Nicholas. All icons in the chapel were made by Engel Nasibulin. On September 5, 2020, the ashes of the artist, according to his lifetime wish, were buried in the chapel.Born on January 4, 1934 in the village of Tolbazy in Bashkiria. From 1952 to 1954 he studied at the Moscow Art School in Memory of 1905, from 1958 to 1962 at the Repin Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture. He worked as a graphic designer at the Academic University. Zhores Alferov and the A.F. Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute. He lived and worked in St. Petersburg and in Pushkinogorie. As a graphic artist, he illustrated and designed about 600 books in various languages, including works by M. Yu. Lermontov, A. A. Akhmatova, Yu. N. Tynyanov, G. R. Derzhavin, N. V. Gogol and other classics of Russian literature, as well as Byron, Aesop, Apuleius. The main theme in the work of Engel Nasibulin was A.S. Pushkin and his heroes. The artist illustrated "Eugene Onegin", "Boris Godunov", "Count Nulin", "The history of the village of Goryukhin", "Arap of Peter the Great", "The Bronze Horseman", cycles of poems written in Mikhailovsky and Boldino, and other works by Pushkin. Collaborated with publishing houses "Vita Nova", "Young Guard" and others. Nasibulin also wrote and illustrated the book "Tales about Syamen Steapanovich Geichenko", dedicated to the curator of the Pushkin Museum-Reserve S. S. Geichenko, with whom the artist had a close friendship. In 1998-1999 Nasibulin took part in the creation of the Pushkin Museum in New York. Engel Nasibulin's personal exhibitions were held in Russia and other countries, and his works are in the collections of Pushkin museums in St. Petersburg, Moscow, Boldin, Mikhailovsky, in the Anna Akhmatova museum, in private collections and in libraries of different countries. He created miniature collectible books (mainly on Pushkin's themes), which he produced by hand - from illustrations to binding. He was also the author of bookplates, which are in the collections of bibliophiles, including the collection of the musician Mstislav Rostropovich. As a sculptor and monumentalist, he participated in the creation of the "Frontier Stone" monument on the Nevsky Pyatachka, a panel on Serdobolskaya Street (St. Petersburg), as well as monuments of military glory in St. Petersburg, Leningrad Region, and Karelia. He was the author of memorial plaques to Ya. I. Frenkel, VM Tuchkevich and other academicians on the facade of the main building of the Physico-Technical Institute. AF Ioffe, as well as a memorial plaque to Zh. I. Alferov, with whom the artist was friends. The life and work of the artist were inextricably linked with the Pushkin Museum-Reserve. For the first time Nasibulin came to the reserve in 1968 and for about 50 years, until his death, he collaborated with the reserve, creating books, albums, a series of etchings and paintings, calendars, postcards on the Pushkin theme. He was the chief artist of the international Pushkin conferences and the XL All-Russian Pushkin Festival of Poetry. The artist spent a lot of time in the village of Petrovskoye, where he built a house with windows overlooking Lake Kuchane and the poet's house in Mikhailovskoye. He died on June 3, 2020 in St. Petersburg. The ashes of Engel Nasibulin were buried in the chapel of St. Nicholas in Petrovsky that he built. After the artist's death, exhibitions in memory of him were held in Pushkin's museums in Mikhailovsky and Boldino. In 2006, Engel Nasibulin erected a house chapel on his estate in Petrovsky. On May 1, 2006, the chapel was consecrated by Father Georgy Mitsov, rector of the church in Terebeni, in honor of St. Nicholas. All icons in the chapel were made by Engel Nasibulin. On September 5, 2020, the ashes of the artist, according to his lifetime wish, were buried in the chapel.

    Exhibitions

    All exhibitions of the artist
    Whole feed
    View an artwork by the artist